Summary of Public School and Under Graduate Training (1975-1987)
- 1983-1987- Dalhousie University, Faculty of Medicine, Graduated with M.D.degree, ranking 10th out of 98 students
- Distinctions were obtained in 14 courses and the following clerkship rotations:Medicine, Pediatrics, Surgery
- Clerkship Electives were done at:
- Toronto General Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Emergency Medicine Supervisors: Dr. B. Rowat , Dr. L. Greenspan
- Brigham and Women’s Hospital,Boston, Massachusetts, Cardiology Supervisors: Dr. B. Lown , Dr. T. Graboys
- Please note ; University Transcripts are available upon request.
- 1981-1983- Dalhousie University, 2yrs of a Bachelor of Science, Biochemistry Major, Overall G.P.A. =3.7 = A obtained early admission to medical school
- 1978-1981- Graduated from Fredericton High School with second highest academic standing.
- 1975-1978- Graduated from Nashwaaks is Junior High School with highest academic standing.
Summary of Undergraduate Research Experience (1982-1987)
- Dalhousie University -Studied the effects of oral hypoglycemics on skeletal muscle insulin sensitivity and responsiveness.
- Reference -Dr. M.H.Tan, Chief of Medicine, Halifax Infirmary Hospital (902) 421-7510
- Agriculture Canada -Research into the effects of abiotic and agronomic factors on population dynamics of aphid predators in potato fields.
- Reference -Dr. G. Boiteau, Division of Plant Pathology, Fredericton, N.B. (506) 452-3260
- Dalhousie University -Research into the Alcohol Expectancy Effect and its influence on motor skills performance.
- Reference -Dr. P. Dunham, Department of Psychology, Halifax, N.S. (902) 424 –2211
Summary of Post Graduate Medical Training (1987 -1994)
- 1993 -’94- (PGY-7) Clinical Research Fellowship, University of Toronto, Ontario Supervisor -Dr. Anatoly Langer, St. Michael’s Hospital Projects -Post MI Outcomes and Resource Utilization Analysis, Heart -Rate Variability Post MI, ST Shift in Unstable Angina, Time to Treatment Also did diagnostic cardiac catheterizations 1/2 day /week at SMH/TGH.
- 11991-1 ’93 – (PGY-5,6) Adult Cardiology at the University of Toronto, Ontario base hospitals-St. Michael’s Hospital, and The Toronto Hospital, Toronto General and Western divisions
- 1988 -’91- (PGY-2,3,4) Core Internal Medicine at the University of Toronto, Ontario base hospitals-St. Michael’s Hospital, and The Toronto Hospital, Toronto General and Western divisions
- 1987 -’88- (PGY-1) Rotating Internship at St. Michaels Hospital / Hospital for Sick Children,University of Toronto, Ontario. Rotations as follows:8 weeks; pediatrics, medicine, ob/gyn, psychiatry, emergency medicine.4 weeks; medical/surgical ICU, orthopedics, radiology